Sunday, February 3, 2008

Painting...

So in painting class the teacher had us paint a still life composed of almost entirely white objects. The catch was that we weren't to use any white in the first stages of the painting. While it was frustrating at first, after a point I was pretty reluctant to start using white...

I kind of like the way it turned out in the end.

I haven't really figured out a good way of photographing my paintings yet, so bear with the image quality for now.


The underpainting


Finished, or about as close as I can get it right now


Shell detail... this is where I spent most of the time... it didn't photograph particularly well but I'm actually really happy with it.

So painting hasn't really been one of my strong points so far... but I think I'm finally starting to get somewhere with it... we'll see how this develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment